18 October 2006 at 14:00
20 October 2006
Trieste - Italy
AGH (Giambiagi Lecture Hall)
S. Cozzini (CNR-INFM and ICTP), A. Masoni (INFN, Cagliari) and A. Nobile (ICTP)
The principal goal of EU-IndiaGrid is to support interconnection between the most relevant European Grid infrastructure (EGEE) and the Indian Grids to build a common infrastructure available to support data processing for e-Science application areas where strong collaborations already exist between Europe and India.
Such common Grid infrastructure is intended to provide a concrete answer to specific requirements of several existing EU-India collaborative projects, characterized by very demanding computing needs. Coupled with this, the project is expected to trigger the use and development of Grids in India across a number of application areas and foster the creation of new Euro-Indian collaborations for the development of e-Science.
The project start date is the 1st October 2006.
The partners of this project are prominent actors on the European and Indian e-Infrastructures scene:
- Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN, project coordinator),
- Metaware SpA,
- Consortium GARR - the Italian Academic and Research Network (GARR),
- Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP),
- Cambridge University,
- Indian Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR, with an Institute in Mumbai and the National Centre for Biological Sciences, NCBS, in Bangalore),
- Indian Education and Research Network (ERNET),
- University of Pune,
- SAHA Institute Calcutta, the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: the programme is currently a draft version.
Cambridge presentation 05'
TIFR institute 05'
Pune University 05'
Metaware presentation 05'
GARR presentation 05'
INFN presentation 05'
ICTP presentation 05'
|Maintained by: The CDS Support Team (Bugs and reports)|